Monday 14 July 2014

Lets talk TRENDS!

 Image Source | style.com
Fendi a/w14, Balmain a/w14, Saint Laurent a/w14, Isabel Marant a/w14

At the beginning of  every month, I wait excitedly for my post man to deliver my favourite fashion glossy - ELLE! I usually race to the street style pages but not this month as my favourite fashion 6 monthly moment has arrived. The Autumn/Winter 2014 trend reports!
If you've been reading my blog for a while now you will know that the autumn/winter season is my favourite, in fact I spend most of the summer months dreaming about winter walks in my favourite parka and scarf. This could have something to do with my English pale skin not coping well in the summer, so much so that factor 35 sun cream is needed even in England (yes SPF does go that high). Saying all this sunny summer mornings do make getting out of bed much easier.
I'm thrilled to tell you this a/w14 that MILITARY is back, but with a very modern 2014 twist. Yes this may be a predictable winter trend but it seems very relevant for the times. Military was seen at Fendi, Isabel Marant, Balmain and Saint Laurent in a mixture of shapes, styles and colours. I'm particularly in love with the camouflage fur ankle length coat at Fendi, they also showed some beautiful knee length bombers and wool bell skirts. Details included patchwork fur, large buckles and satin boots. It was all about fitted leather styles at Balmain, short layered leather jackets with large lapels teamed with satin military inspired trousers.
However, to make these catwalk looks more wearable think giant fur hooded parka's at Saint Laurent and neutral coloured shirt dresses at Isabel Marant. According to ELLE, we should head to H&M for highstreet military pieces. Now all we need is to wait for those colder months to arrive, or simply jet off to a colder climate ourselves. Happy Monday.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig