Friday 17 October 2014

Everyday Essentials


I've never been one of those girls who looks flawless all day long - however much I try. By the end of a busy working day my make-up often boarders on the grungy side than perfectionist. 
I do like to keep my make-up quick and simple for an everyday look this has lots to do with pressing snooze on my alarm clock excessively and then having to rush to get ready. 
When in a rush these are my go to essentials.

1. All in One Cheek colour in Guava by The Body Shop
 I can't get enough of this rosy pink blush from The Body shop. I never leave the house without a brush on each cheek - it brings me to life. I love the bold pink colour and it lasts pretty much all day. Plus it's not tested on Animals.

2. Super Volume Mascara in Black by The Body Shop
This Mascara by The Body Shop is pretty new to my cosmetic bag. It does a great job of lengthening lashes as well as adding volume and is great to finish off that dark, smoky eyed look. One negative, it does stay wet for quite sometime so avoid sneezing after applying or it may involve looking like a panda (speaking from experience).
 
3. Bad Gal Liner in Black by Benefit 
This has been a make-up bag staple since I was eighteen, it creates just what it says a Bad Gal eye look when applied (above and below the eye) with lashings of black mascara. 
4. Colour Stay Liquid Liner in Black by Revlon
Its taken me sometime to master the art of liquid liner. I strayed very far away from it until about the last 12 months. What I can say is thats its taken me about that time to get a neat even look on both eyes. This Colour Stay liquid by Revlon has a slim applicator and lasts pretty much all day. 

5. Superbalanced Foundation in Alabaster by Clinique 
This is probably my most expensive cosmetic but its worth every penny. I've used cheaper foundations in the past and noticed them fade throughout the day (Plus it lasts me six months!). This one creates a natural clear look but still feels light.

6. Lip Balm in Cherry by Carmex
A much needed item during the colder months plus this cherry one smells delicious.
 
7. Simply Sensitive Hydrating Moisturiser by Boots 
Suffering from eczema I've struggled to find a moisturiser that doesn't irritate and dry out my skin. I love everything in this boots own brand range and it also creates a great base for my foundation. 
 
8. Simply Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream by Boots
A cooling and hydrating eye cream for both late nights and hungover mornings.

9. Skin WOW Highlighter by Seventeen
Perfect for cheeks and brows, this highlighter makes my skin glow. Perfect for holidays and summer evenings! 

Whats goodies could you and your make-up bag not live without? x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig