Wednesday 20 August 2014

Lets talk TRENDS (Part II)

Image Source | vogue.co.uk
 Sportmax A|W14, Prada A|W14, Tom Ford A|W14, Valentino A|W14

As I glance through my colour coordinated wardrobe, I notice the lack of colour there is. This is partly brought on by how large the black and navy sections are-there's just something effortless and simple about darker colours. (That coupled with the fact I'm not too sure that I can carry colour off.) I would love to be one of those people who wears beautiful bright coloured clothing and look amazing. When I've tried wearing colour in the past I've felt overdressed and fussy. Okay, this post is getting rather cynical so I should definitely get to the point. 
 
RED
Autumn|Winter is a great time to add colour to an outfit. It not only brightens up your look but your mood too, right?
RED was all over the A|W14 catwalks with a variety of shades to choose from-ruby, scarlet, crimson...the list goes on! I think the trick to wearing colour is to keep it simple, mix with darker muted tones and make use of clean, classic lines. Or if you dare take the Sportmax route and wow with an all red number. Textured red is also another way to go. I love how Prada and Tom Ford have created beautiful bold red pieces in luxurious silk and velvet fabrics.
Here's to a colour filled Winter! (one's hoping)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig