Monday 30 September 2013

Unidays

 
So its official I'm now a Fashion Buying student at the University of Huddersfield!
Its been a long summer so I've been eager for this week to come. My first week has involved introducing myself to the group something I've always hated. I'm not great at speaking in confined spaces (at least not on my first day). Next up library induction, you all know how much I love the library and I have to say the fashion floor is even bigger and better than at College (they have back issues of Vogue all the way to the 1920's). 
Wednesday involved a visit to the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester to research texture, shape, print and colour ready for my first assignment, creating a garment out of non traditional materials. Ideas so far include seal-able bags with food colouring and lots of leaflets from freshers fair...should be fun. The rest of the week involved more inductions, canteen food and a trip round Huddersfield checking out Byram Arcade a cute shopping arcade filled with arty shops and vintage boutiques. 
So far I'm loving my new place of study bring on week two.....






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig