Tuesday 20 September 2016

What happened to the beloved hair accessory of the noughties?

Image result for carrie bradshaw bandana

This Friday I finished my year long placement which now means final year is about to commence but also means I have some time on my hands to watch re-runs of my favourite early millennial shows. These have included Sex and the City and of course Friends, but what I love the most is the fashion and one thing that graced my screen twice in one day was the bandana!!
In 2001 I was 14 and loved the bandana as did Julia Stiles in Save the Last Dance (a guilty pleasure) but what happened to it? Over the past decade so many trends have re-visited our wardrobes (most recently flares) but that beloved cotton hair accessory somehow never made it back. I think my Boyfriend is glad, since when I saw Rachel from Friends wearing one I commented I owned one once and I was inevitably mocked.
But this brought to mind all the other fashion trends I loved that never returned some I'm more glad about than others. Coin belts, the denim mini skirt, ugg boots, tube top/boob tube, long pearl necklaces, white denim jackets, Burberry check, halter necks, cowl necks, Scholl cloggs, Gucci belt bags, Fendi baguette bags, matching shoes and bags, kitten heels (these made a short return a few seasons ago) and so many more.
Since it is SS17 fashion week in London right now you never know what those designers have in store, fingers crossed for the return of the bandana and fingers crossed those coin belts never ever return.

Image Source: Pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig