Sunday 11 September 2016

Do my shoulders look broad in this?

Topshop Dress (here) and Shoes (similar here)
It's taken me 29 years to learn how to dress for my size and shape - yes nearly 3 decades! Over that 29 years my size has changed but I'm sure if you're a female over the age of 25 you will know that  entering your early twenties causes weight to creep on easier and becomes much harder to shift. 
Although I have gained a few pounds, I don't think that my body shape has changed that much - I'm rather big boned and maybe somewhat broad and it's only really dawned on me in the last few months what actually flatters my figure and shape. I've noticed that broad shoulders and bigger boobs require much more thoughtful dressing.
I love fashion and clothing but I've come to understand that not all pieces suit my figure. I own so many oversized clothes that I love, but I've recently noticed they make me look broad. 
It took a striped long sleeve T-shirt (that I have been wearing regularly for months) to make me realize that oversized sartorial doesn't always suit me.  
So I've now got a new fashion rule which is working so far and that's buying tops, dresses and jackets that cut at the shoulder. At last I've found the cure to a top heavy body! and what's even better is this actually gives me a much more slimline look. 
This is such a simple idea which has affected the way I've been buying clothes over the last few months. However, the high-street has left me with little choice when it comes to garments that cut at the shoulder. Due to this not being something I've ever thought about I've never noticed how many items are oversized and cut off the shoulder. So far I've purchased this amazing leopard print dress (and a denim jacket and black ruffled top) - please note this is the first ever piece of leopard print I've ever owned and leopard is now my new floral.
With such little offerings on the high-street I'm wondering if I'm the only broad shouldered gal on this planet?!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig