Tuesday 23 June 2015

Are skinny jeans bad for our health?


Like many of us I've been wearing skinny jeans for many years, I can actually remember purchasing my first ever pair - I'm talking nearly ten years ago now (I actually wore them on my first date with my current boyfriend). Who knew the style would have lasted this long?
But maybe it's come to the end.... according to today's news SKINNY JEANS ARE BAD FOR OUR HEALTH!!
Everyday something is given a health warning but now our favourite pair of jeans??
Apparently they can cause numb thighs, tingling and, in some severe cases, collapsing with swollen calves.
I have to admit the only side effect I've ever had is blue dyed legs!

According to BBC News 'Skinny jeans can seriously damage muscles and nerves....
A 35-year-old woman had to be cut out of a pair after her calves ballooned in size, the medics said in the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry.
She had spent hours squatting to empty cupboards for a house move in Australia. By evening, her feet were numb and she found it hard to walk.
Doctors believe the woman developed a condition called compartment syndrome, made worse by her skinny jeans.' 

Is this really gonna stop us squeezing into our favourite pair of skinny jeans? I don't think so - but those new flared jeans I purchased last month are looking kinda healthy right now!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig