Tuesday 7 May 2013

This week I'm reading.....Harpers Bazaar Greatest Hits

One of my favourite things to do whilst being a student is wandering around the fashion and photography department of my college library. Yes it might sound a little geeky but I love the large and pretty fantastic selection of books and journals (Lulu and i-D are my favourites) and I'm forever been seen carrying around the heaviest books they have.
Whilst browsing the fashion photography section last week I came across this amazing book 'Harpers Bazaar Greatest Hits by Glenda Bailey, 2011'. It has some of the most amazing photo shoots and magazine covers the magazine has ever made. Photo shoots with the likes of Sarah Jessica Parker through to Barack Obama, created by photographers including Patrick Demarchelier and Peter Lindbergh.
I particularly love Sarah Jessica Parker channelling Harper’s Bazaar legend Diana Vreeland with her 'Why Don't you?'
'Keep a bucket filled with Candy. Cheap candy, it will scratch the itch'. 
'Use your local library, so few people do anymore'.
I love the candy one, it’s very me....
The September 2007 issue of Chloe Sevigny is another favourite, Peter Lindbergh played paparazzo, shooting Sevigny with a telephoto lens, I love this secretive photo

 

'The In Crowd' photographed for the March 2007 Issue by William Klien

 Chloe Sevigny in 'They tried to make me go to rehab' photographed for the September 2007 issue by Peter Lindbergh


'Harlem on my mind' Chanel Iman photographed for the September 2009 issue by Peter Lindbergh

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig