Friday 6 February 2015

Richard Nicoll, decades of fashion and Jack Wills

 
​richard nicoll goes brit pop in first collection for jack wills
Image Source: i-d.com 

I cant' say I been a avid lover of Jack Wills, I never purchased the famous gillet or queued excitedly for hours in the boxing day sales - I actually thought it might somehow fall off the radar when the nostalgia trend was over (how I was wrong). The brand has recently been brought to my attention as Richard Nicoll (their new creative director) releases his first SS15 collection for the 'preppy British brand'.
"Jack Wills is not just about creating wardrobing for young adults. It's for anybody with a youthful spirit," comments Nicoll, "The clothing can be worn by a wide variety of ages. Mixed together, they create an irreverent image of British youth culture and a celebration of the individual in the gang." (i-d.com)
His collection, released in stores this week makes references to a variety of fashion decades and pop cultures - including, the ever so popular nineties and sixties. Think candy pinks, bright reds and bold stripes mixed with patchwork denim, tweed and leather.
Richard Nicoll has created a collection perfect for the brands loyal followers and those (like me) who knew so little.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig