Tuesday 2 July 2013

Fashion Graduates of 2013


 
  





Last year I was lucky enough to attend Graduate Fashion Week at Earls Court. I had an amazing day zipping around London on the tube with the college girlys. The day was full of fashion and fun, plus a great trip to the V & A (now one of my favourite museums!) and a cheeky visit to Buckingham Palace.
This year has been so hectic, completing garments and sketchbook work meant I was unable to attend....booo!
However I didn't miss out on all the amazing graduate collections that go on display at Graduate Fashion Week, the fashion graduates from my college have created some amazing pieces. These were displayed in an exhibition along with sketchbook work and some lovely images the students had taken whilst at Graduate Fashion Week. Some of the work even appeared in the official GFW newspaper 'Tewnty2' and also on vogue.com.
My favourite collections from the Bradford College graduates were '195' a collection inspired by 'line and geometric structure'. I loved the monochrome, structure and modern feel this collection had. One of the pieces from this collection appeared on vogue.com and you can really tell why. It stood out from the crowd!
'Pile Up' was another collection that I loved, a menswear collection inspired by 'the print work of Frank Stella. Featuring digital printing and lazer cutting in innovative fabrics'. The bright colours, printed and unusual fabrics caught my attention from this collection, it was also great to see a menswear collection. Pieces from the 'Pile Up' collection featured in the GFW Twenty2 newspaper.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig