Wednesday 13 February 2013

New York New York

New York kicked of fashion season last week and after a week of shows I thought I would show you some of my favourite designs from the Autumn/Winter catwalks.
Fashion for the colder weather has to be my favourite, luxurious winter coats, leather boots, hats (I love my woolly hat and I'm never seen without mine during the winter months), scarves  jumpers, all I need to keep cosy and warm. 

The collections from New York's Fall/Winter did not disappoint....
  
Rodarte
Sisters Laura and Kate Mulleavy brought boxy jackets, layered skirts with leggings, acid wash on hip jaunting leotards (and in hair), rugged leather jackets all very irresistible. The fabrics and shapes clashed well, the only way I could describe this is 1980's power women meets 1990's grungy girl. There collection was inspired by there home town of Santa Cruz, mainly the fond memories of their younger days. 




 Rodarte Ready-To-Wear Fall/Winter  2013
 Alexander Wang
Alexander took texture to a new level this season with mohair, fur (I especially love the mitten and snoods), leather and wool . Alexander was inspired by boxing and this can be seen in the over-sized fur mittens. He also used the dropped waist (a favourite trend from the 1920's) in his over-sized coats and dresses and a mosaic pattern gives  a wool jumper beautiful detail. The colours are kept dark, blacks, greys and dark metallic blues. 



 Alexander Wang Ready-To-Wear Fall/Winter 2013
The Row
Designers Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen presented their Autumn/Winter collection in a rented New York town house cluttered with furniture of all kinds (The Olsen's seem to choose an unusual place to show their collection each season). The one thing that grabbed my attention when browsing their Fall collection was the beautiful red textured mules. I'm in love with them! The collection included an amazing silk jacquard dress, a dress that is so simple yet amazingly elegant and over-sized feminine jumpers with loose, slashed midi length skirts.





 

 The Row Ready-To-Wear Fall/Winter 2013
All images sourced from http://www.style.com/

Tomorrow New York Fashion Week will come to a close, next up London!!! Keep Posted!
 

P.S.  I've revamped the blog and have added a reactions button, click if you love the posts. Thank you. Enjoy!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig