Friday 8 February 2013

Cherry Shortbreads with love........

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I thought it was time to show you all my baking skills (these are much better that my cooking skills! ha) one Thursday afternoon. After flicking though many recipe books I decided on Shortbread hearts, perfect for the coming occasions. I added cherries for taste and colour and the heart shape cutter just makes anything look pretty.
Here is the recipe I used and a few pics (only a few, I got a little messy) of my baking fun! Enjoy!
Cherry Shortbread Hearts
You will need:
A Handful of glace cherries,  9oz Plain Flour, 3oz Caster Sugar, 6oz Butter and a Heart shaped biscuit cutter.


1. Heat oven to Gas Mark 3, 160c, 325f and place grease proof paper on your baking tray.
2. Finely chop a handful of cherries.
3. Mix flour and sugar in a bowl, rub in butter.
4. Add cherries to the mixture
5. Knead well to form a smooth dough.


6. Roll dough out (on to a floured surface) using a rolling pin and cut hearts using heart shape cutter.
7. Place hearts on a tray and put into the premins or until pale and golden.

8. Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.

Now your cherry shortbread hearts are ready, give to those you love or just enjoy with a lovely cup of tea. Just like me...


 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Faye Elizabeth Fashion Journal. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig